Best Codec to EXPORT a D90 movie ???

Started May 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
acktown
Regular MemberPosts: 389Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Codec to EXPORT a D90 movie ???
In reply to RobertLaw, May 31, 2010

RobertLaw wrote:

I doubt it is your D90 degrading. The D90 uses a rolling shutter to take video, so when you pan quickly any vertical line that you have will seem to wave and have jagged lines. You have a lot of vertical lines.

If you want want to take good video, you need to study how to do it. It is different than still photography.

The reason I say degrading is because when I first got the camera and up until around Thanksgiving or Christmas the videos looked fantastic. No adjustments have been made to shooting settings. Doesn't matter if its a Nikon or a 3rd party lens, VR on or off. The videos had a real nice quality to them for the first few months. Now with whatever I shoot, the videos look jagged and as if you are seeing doubles. As seen in my videos on my Youtube.

It even does that shooting my 9 month old daughter here in the house.

Of course I could send it to Nikon, but they would find nothing wrong with it, or it would be within spec I'm sure. However, there is clearly a problem with the sensor. It doesn't just go from great looking videos to awful videos on its own.

My D90 settings haven't changed since the day I first got it and set it up, it hasn't been dropped or abused. Sensor gets dusted with a rocket blower regularly. In general, I take very good care of my equipment.

-- hide signature --

Adam
Kingston, ON, Canada
D90, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, SB-600

acktown's gear list:acktown's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow