Falling, and falling with style!

Started May 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
Sammy Tyler
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Re: That is a NEAT IDEA, combine HDR with Real Shot - see below.
In reply to 007peter, May 31, 2010

Thank you everybody for such kind comments about both pictures. I know high dynamic range is a 'Marmite' subject.

In my original post I wanted to emphasise that instead of using HDR software I decided to use Elements to attempt the same kind of result but gain substantially more control and flexibility. With Layers I've been able to achieve this, which the response I am able to produce to the quote below, proves.

As I had already separated the sky from the picture in a layer I simply allowed the original sky to overlay the processed picture by changing the layer order priority. It took a few seconds to do.

See the 'best of both worlds' result below.

007peter wrote:

Rick Halle wrote:

Nice pictures. Now if you can take the sky from the second pic and put it in the first you could get the best of both. I like the color of the fields and trees in the first one and the sky in the second one.

Rick that is not a bad idea. I hate HDR because it look like digital art or cartoon rather than a photograph. However, I do like the dynamic range and its tonality shot of the sky CLOUD.

I suppose you can super-imposed both image and created the best of both world. Hum.....I may have to try one myself. Maybe there is room for HDR after all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow