Started May 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joecan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,435
Like?
Can I do panoramic with ZS3?
May 31, 2010

After the pano thread by Trensamiro and the 3 day rain in our area I went in a nearby park and I did a few shots to see how it is a panoramic photo from ZS3.

I used the Panoramic assist, and ten portrait oriented photos at widest setting.

The stitching was done in CS3. The final image was 8490 x 3370 pixels and a nice 310 Mb file.
Was reduced for web. Here is, at almost 180 degrees view:

I knew from beginning I'm not that good with this camera like Trensamiro, or my ZS3 is not that perfect, but it was worth to try.

So my conclusion is: not bad, considering the size of the camera (fits in pocket).

The IQ is not in pare with my previous cameras IQ , but that is normal because of the smaller sensor.

Mostly my problem is with blown highlights , even with -2/3 EV. The clouds in left side of the photo lost the details.
Did not happened with Sony R1 or my Nikon DSLR cameras.

Anyway just sharing my findings, hope to add some info for some people interested in this side of the photography.

(The images were processed also in the original software - for me the CS3 brought a better image.)
Cheers
Joe
http://joecan.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow