Started May 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lajacobs
Regular MemberPosts: 294Gear list
Like?
Reviving an R2400
May 31, 2010

I haven't used my Epson R2400 much in the last year. Before that it was used regularly and thus rarely clogged. Now after months of no use at all it is nearly completely clogged. (I know I should have taken better care but ....).

Now I need to decide if I can bring it back to life and hope to get some advice.

The printer is hooked up to an InkRepublic CIS which was trouble free.

I am nearly out of ink so mulltiple head cleanings is not possible at this point.

I don't mind ordering a new set of IR ink and seeing if I can get the printer going again. I'm sort of reluctant to order OEM carts because of the cost but realize that may be the best approach under the circumstances.

What would you do in my situation?

Are there other steps I can take to clean or otherwise unclog the printer in addition to new ink? I have Windex at the ready and used it alot on my old 1160 but not sure how to use it with the R2400.

Suggestions more than welcome and thanks in advance!

Linda

lajacobs's gear list:lajacobs's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow