Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)

Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
Barry Nelson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,666
Like?
Re: Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)
In reply to Frank LoPriore, May 30, 2010

I'm glad your liking this thread It looks like I was late to digital photography compared to most of you (2004) although my first digcam was a Sony Mavica pocket size camera that used a floppy disk the size of a Wheat Thin and had a charging deck and was less than 1mp and stored 25 pictures with 15 seconds of sound each and 50 without. It was fun for $299 (heavily discounted) and I could only view pictures on my TV and could not print any.I worked for a Fuji film lab from 1999-2003 and even with a company discount, I didn't feel the need to abandon my trusty Canon F-1 35mm for a Fuji 2600 2mp camera. I look back now (during my film days) and ask myself how often I made ANY any prints larger 8x10 or went to a custom lab to do close cropping (very very little) almost all my prints were 4X6 or 5x7 if they were special.

Today you can get 4 mp or fewer cameras for almost nothing on eBay (including memory) a classic like the Olympus C-2100 might set you back about $150 or a little more but it's still a bargain IMHO.

Do you think we'll see the day when film will go the way of LPs and 8 track tapes?

Frank LoPriore wrote:

This is a good thread Barry, I have enjoyed it. I hope you and yours are doing fine down there in Dallas.
--
George

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5788074802/photos

Yes, thanks Barry. I missed this thread the first time around, Glad you started it up again. A welcome change from "whats next".
--
Frank
Please check out my galleries here
and http://www.pbase.com/fjlsolys

-- hide signature --

Love to buy and sell classic old digital cameras, the 2000 model Olympus C-2100UZ can't be beat.
Cameras Make Pictures, People Create Them

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow