ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BoxerfanUK
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Lighting/exposure
May 29, 2010

Hi all,

New to this forum just joined today, hope I'm posting this question in the right place.

Although I know (I think) the basics of SLR photography I've been out of it for a number of years having gone over to point & shoot compacts from a Minolta X700 when digital came in. I'm hoping to get a Nikon D90 or similar very soon to re-awaken my interest in photography and am after a little advice.

We have an apartment in Cyprus overlooking the Sea which we rent out for holiday lets. With my new DSLR I'm hoping to get a decent ultra wide (Tokina 11-16 probably) to allow me to take some decent photos for our website.

What I want to know is; How do I go about taking shots of the interior, shooting towards the big patio windows with views of the sea? I took some photos a while ago and whilst the interior shots came out ok the outside views through the patio windows a were 'whited out' so although the interior looked ok, you couldn't really see the views outside from the same shot.

I'm sure you all know what I mean but I'll try to post a picture.

Thanks in anticipation of any help & advice.

Martin

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow