64 bit plug-ins.

Started May 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Question for Jeff
In reply to Jeff Schewe, May 27, 2010

I have your tutorial from LL by the way great and very informative. I have been using PK for about 2 years and have found a near perfect sharpening routine that works for my very narrow range of work as a pure formula. First the formula then the question.

I do landscapes with a 1DS-mk3 and high quality lenses, like the 24TSE and 35L and a Zeiss 50.

I presharpen using scanning back.

I then do my exposure curves etc and follow with a haze brush narrow edge at 20-30% I brush all but sky and water for the most part.

My creative sharpen is done by an action and is global. It consists of edge sharpen 1 fade to 33% flatten then High pass sharpen 1 fade 33%.

I upload full size to SmugMug and use their built in sharpener for downsized web. For print I use Qimage and its built in resizing and resharpening routines. I print as near to native size as possible.

Question.

I recently upgraded to Win7 CS5 and version 1.2.9 PK sharpener. Using the same formula as before, my images seem grittier. I have tried cutting back the haze brush but do not think that is the culprit. I have all sharpening turned off in ACR.

Has there been any changes in the sharpening strength of either PK or ACR?

-- hide signature --

When you can't focus, nothing else matters
Once you can, everything else does.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow