Started May 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bwaters
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Nikon 18-105 or 19-200 VR II
May 26, 2010

Hi everyone, just thought i'd ask for some opinions regarding these two lenses. I have read up alot on both and they both seem to have their + -'s. I have been shooting pretty much non-stop since Christmas Day when I received my D5000 and have become increasingly interested in upgrading my lenses. I know I cant afford the hi-quality professional type Nikkor lenses, but I have learned through my shooting that I typically use alot of the 18mm to 200mm that I got with my kit. (18-55 and 55-200VR). I mainly use the zoom outside for pics of my dog, trees, etc....anyway, I actually use the full 200mm alot. I find that I change back to the 18-55mm once I come inside to take more pics.

Long question short - would I be better spending almost twice as much for the 18-200 VR II or go with the pretty well reviewed 18-105? I'm trying to avoid having to switch out lenses quite as often. I'm afraid that I will miss the zoom capability if I go with the 18-105 though, but it does seem to get really good reviews. Almost better than the 18-200VR that I have read up on.

Thanks alot!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow