Letter to Samsung: NX10 firmware updates (post 1.15)

Started May 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shahmatt
Regular MemberPosts: 156
Like?
Letter to Samsung: NX10 firmware updates (post 1.15)
May 26, 2010

With hope that Samsung follows DPreview's forums.

Dear Samsung,

The firmware updates for the NX10 that add and refine camera features are greatly appreciated by those who have invested in the system. These updates are proof of your continued dedication to improving this system and also provide tremendous confidence to the consumer who is looking at NX for the long run.

We hope that more firmware updates are coming soon that address some of the popular feature requests that are made on this forum. I have listed some of these requests down below.

1. Focus check/magnification preview immediately after shooting an image.

2. Allow the user to change ISO while RAW images are being buffered by the camera.

3. Greater magnification to assist manual focusing.

4. Cycle through the "Display Select" option by including it as a long-press option for the "Disp" button or into the Fn menu.

5. Noise reduction control for all ISOs

6. Auto ISO feature that caps ISO at preset amounts. E.g: Auto ISO400

I hope that at least some of these requests can be addressed in the near future. The feature requests that I have missed will no doubt be added by others after me in this thread. Thank you for your consideration and good luck with the NX camera system.

-- hide signature --

Samsung NX10+30mm+18-55mm OIS, Fuji S6500FD

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow