Started May 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flektogon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,273
Like?
Pentax K-x with Pentax A 70-210 lens
May 25, 2010

I’ve just bought the SMC Pentax A 70-210 f/4 as my first interchangeable lens to my Pentax K-x with the 18-55 kit lens. I’ve read only the best about this lens. For me the main reason was that I just fell in love with its appearance. It cost me just a half of what I would pay for a new DA 55-300 (in Canada). It is used of course, but doesn’t show any traces of use at all.

However, I didn’t realize that to use it would properly, would be a different story. All the problems are around the focusing. When I focusing with the lens, and keeping the shutter pressed half down, I hear a lot of beeping. It looks like whenever the focus is obtained, it beeps and then it beeps when the lens goes out of focus, right? To be sure that it is in the focus, I must see that green hexagon in the viewfinder, right? What I do not understand is, that after taking picture, sometimes I can hear multiple beeping (maybe three one after the other). But not always. What does it mean? My next observation is that turning off the SR gives me better (sharper) results. If nothing else, I do not need every time I change the focal length, provide this information for the SR to work optimally.

Can you please, who have more experience with using such (or similar) lenses give me more hints how to get more “keepers”?

Thanks,
Peter

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow