Sony: Video recording will be a necessity in dSLRs

Started Jun 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
Klipsen
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,067Gear list
Like?
There is an "if" - in case you didn't notice
In reply to robertng, May 25, 2010

robertng wrote:

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2009/06/12/sony-video-recording-will-be-a-necessity-in-dslrs/

Pretty self-explanatory huh?

I told you guys Sony would cater for the market's needs!

Needs ? Who needs video in an SLR?

And this is THE RESULTS of their marketing survey! Of coz, i'm glad that they've decided to include video in a way that is as useful as the handycam.

Good for you. Are you sure it won't come at a cost - and one you may not want to pay?

"If the firm should decide to make a dSLR with movie capture feature ..."

There's that " if "! It's such a small, inconspicuous word, yet it can make a world of difference.

"According to Katsumoto, the Alpha lineup currently dominates 12 percent of the entry-level dSLR market, which makes up 80 percent of the overall dSLR industry. As more shutterbugs ditch point-and-shoots for dSLRs, Sony will continue to develop its products to grow with these photographers. "

So you see, Sony is gonna cater for the needs of these entry level photographers (who probably want video more than minolta's die-hard fans)

That little "if" I mentioned above could prove you wrong.

Have you even considered the posibility that maybe the manufacturers who include video today will remove it after a while, because customers won't be satisfied with a poorly implemented feature when it's no longer a novelty.

Klipsen's gear list:Klipsen's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow