Is this a bad time to visit Santorini?

Started May 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
Jan2009
Regular MemberPosts: 461Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this a bad time to visit Santorini?
In reply to HeyItsJoel, May 24, 2010

Hello,

I think its the perfect time to go to Santorini, as the two prior responses, Athens is at least 1.5 hours by air... Economically you are boosting their revenue...

I would love to go back there..its still is my favorite vacation spot, make sure you have all you need A lot of exercise too so many stairs .... so many spots to take photos of, we spend 4 nights there and still did not have enough :(... Make sure you have a tripod, capture those sunrise and sunset etc... etc.. We stayed at Oia, I thought its a great decision, since its the most picturesque amongst the whole island.

We drove the whole Island via rental car... Hope you have a great vacation. Please post photos... (bring tons of memory card if your not bringing your laptop, shoot raw for real photo memories that you plan to edit later)...

Oh I dont know know how to stop sharing this wonderful experience.... Relax and enjoy... if you postpone it later, then (july, august) tourist traffic will be too heavy and hot weather.. might spoil the vacation.

Best advice is... wake up each morning before Sunrise... for wonderful landscape shot.... its worth the sacrifice.... Sunset theres tons of people....and really hard to focus on photography.

I know it must have been said that Santorini is too touristy but quite honestly Santorini did not disappoint (compared to my vacation few weeks ago in Cancun.

Hope this helps.
-Norberto

Jan2009's gear list:Jan2009's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow