Started May 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raf3
Contributing MemberPosts: 788
Like?
weird R1800 problem
May 24, 2010

My R1800 has suddenly refused to use half of its print heads. I will print with the Y, M, C, and MK heads, but not the PK, R, B, or, I think, GO.

I'm running this on a Macintosh Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5, and it's been running fine until a couple days ago. It printed a print that looked really screwy, so I used the Epson Printer Utility to print a nozzle check. That showed the pattern I described. I tried a head cleaning routine, but that didn't help.

I had some streaks on my prints a couple of months ago and researched the threads here. I got a lot of good advice and I cleaned my ink reservoirs and the heads and both ends of the printer path with Windex. Since then, the prints have been great, until now.

I've power cycled both the computer and the printer several times, and that didn't help. The last time I printed a nozzle check, I noticed the head weren't even going over as far on the page as they normally would, so I tried trashing all the Epson printer drivers and downloaded new ones and re-installed them. Still no joy. Any ideas?

-Raf

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow