Started May 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Voldenuit
Senior MemberPosts: 1,289
Like?
GF1 Battery life impresses
May 24, 2010

OK, so we know the CIPA rating for the GF1 is 380 shots (I think that's with 50% flash use).

I'd gotten 480 shots out of a charge before, with very little flash use (I rarely use the internal flash).

However, today, I was greatly impressed with the GF1. 640 shots, no flash, battery meter still at 2/3 bars. Woot!

Furthermore, this was with the PL45/2.8 with OIS in Mode 1 (always on), which I was expecting would drain battery life faster, but it didn't.

Part of this is good shooting habits (turning off the camera when not in use, using AFS more often than AFC), and there was some bracketing involved, but I am still impressed. It helps that the GF1 has the shortest startup time of the mirrorless cameras (PENs, NX, NEX) according to PCMag, and the switch is a lot quicker to toggle than a button, so turning the camera on and off is very seamless. I have it on a wrist strap, and by the time I toggle the switch and raise it to my face, it's already on.

I bet I could hit 800 shots with a scenario like today on a full charge.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow