Started May 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Hudson
Regular MemberPosts: 285Gear list
Like?
SX10 Date and Time issue
May 24, 2010

Boy am I tired of problems with my SX10. After all the EVF trouble, now after receiving the camera back from Canon Repair, the date and time screen shows every start up with all zeros. It came from the repair center like this. I have tried two new CR1220 batteries to no avail. Canon suggested I reset all settings using the in camera function. I did this and the problem still raises it's ugly head. Canon suggests I return the camera again for another evaluation. I really can't see spending another $150 to repair this. At this point I have about $580 in this camera including case, adapter and filters. The camera works fine other than having to bypass the date and time screen every time you start up. You can also fill in the requested time and date. It is just annoying and I expected more out of my camera. If worse comes to worse, I will offer it on ebay, explaining the problem and for a low price. It may not sell. If that is the case, I can give it away to a budding young photographer. Unfixed, I do not want it. Anyway I have a great new camera, the G11. From my testing, the G11 seems to have a little better IQ. Not much, but a little. My evaluation was far from scientific.

Got any ideas as to how to fix this thing?

Christian Amateur Photographer

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon PowerShot S110
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow