Jack2002
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
Re: False
In reply to Patco, May 21, 2010

Patco wrote:

Windancer wrote:

EricLew wrote:

New?! I thought this would not be possible. For DX users, it's one good lens. but if you are gonna use it with a FF, then it's not a very good choice. Photos would have dark corners.

I'm curious as to why you would say this, The Nikon 28-70/2.8 was it not made for film bodies which is what we refer to a FF. I could be wrong

Being a FF lens on a FF camera does not guarantee there will be no light fall-off in the corners, notably at the wide end of the zoom, and at f/2.8.

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels

We are talking about a 28-70mm lens here which is a mid range zoom not a wide angle zoom lens. For years people have been using this excellent lens, me included, and I have not heard of, or seen, light fall off (vignetting) in the corners of this lens. Even with my CP filter on, which is quite fat, there is still no vignetting at 28mm wide open. Even my 17-35mm f/2.8 does not vignette wide open at the wide end on FX or 35mm film cameras.

I would expect to be wary of vignetting of very wide lenses on FX but not at 28mm. I realise that every individual sample of lens and every individual sample of camera vary somewhat but I think you can guarantee there is no vignetting at 28mm wide open on the 28-70mm f/2.8.
--
Cheers,
Jack

Jack2002's gear list:Jack2002's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow