Started May 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cococat
Contributing MemberPosts: 502
Like?
HS10, S200EXR or DSLR
May 19, 2010

I am an absolute beginner that has moved from Point and shoot with everything on AUTO.

I have a wonderful Fuji F200EXr that I have learnt to use and really love. 99% of the time I get great pictures - except indoors in dim light when pics get grainy without the flash.

Now I am enjoying photo taking so much that I want to get a new camera and be able to do a bit more creative stuff (like Bokeh) and more shots of distant objects like birds.

I am torn between the HS10 which looks and feels much better in my hand but has some rather negative comments here (and from other reviewers) and the S200EXR which has better comments and reviews but is heavier and has half the zoom capability (about 14 vs 30).

I am worried that the S200EXR is too like my F200EXR and that the results will not be much different. I am also worried that the weight and bulk of this thing will make me leave it at home.

Which comes to the last choice - friends keep pushing me to get a DSLR like the Canon 550D.... but then thats a lot more $$$ and a lot more to carry around (multiple, expensive lenses). I have a film SLR that I hardly ever used (maybe 10 rolls of film..) cos of the difficulty in getting good pics and the bulk.

Any ideas? Any help would be most welcome!

-- hide signature --

BoxWatcher

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow