The New Leica 35mm f/1.4 Lens & Is "Optimized for Both digital/Film" Bodies

Started Apr 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
fastglass
Senior MemberPosts: 1,780
Like?
Re: I don't understand this insane price hike!
In reply to BRJR, May 19, 2010

BRJR wrote:

Some, in Europe are saying they're happy it isn't priced even higher (and, we all know it likely will be, starting within a year of release). Good thing I am finding about Leica lenses, is that you wisely select the ones you like; and, it can well last you for life --- long after the initial cost ---- in fact the ones I purchased in the past year actually cost substantially more now, for the exact same lenses. BRJR

Uluru wrote:

Was this refresh just a good excuse to hike the price of an otherwise one of few affordable lenses left in entire Leica's range? Is that why f1.4 is for?

No doubt, Leica seems awfully proud of their goods, as of late. Pricing power - when demand exceeds supply. And, knocks the riff-raff out of the running, I guess.

The up-side - is constantly higher new prices means solid values for existing owners - & for Leica, encourages buying ASAP - as the price will only be even higher, later - lol.

Cheers.

ps. the best thing about a 35 Lux, or Cron, & a M9, or film M (FF) - it could easily be the only lens you ever need.
--
Vaya con Dios
imo
(c) 2010 fastglass

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow