Cannot get 7D to misfocus. Feeling left out.

Started May 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Topaz
Contributing MemberPosts: 588
Like?
Cannot get 7D to misfocus. Feeling left out.
May 15, 2010

I am at my wit's end. Having recently upgraded from a 20D to a 7D and gone from probably a 90% keeper rate to a 98% keeper rate, I am feeling like I am missing out of the fun of participating properly in the AF complaint threads here. I am constantly stunned by how the 7D body seems to refuse to misfire. Instead of experiencing the joy of venting on this forum, I am finding myself forced to leave the house with my camera and take photos, trying shot after shot to achieve that elusive unsharp photo that other posters seem to get so effortlessly.

Should I send it for repairs? I realize there is a tiny chance it is my fault; I spent years working on technique on the 20D, and then, stupidly, read the 7D instruction manual obsessively and even watched all of Canon's videos. Maybe what I need to do at this point is upgrade to a 1D MkIV, with which I am thoroughly unfamiliar, and throw away the instructions before I am tempted to peek.

(sorry, couldn't resist...)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow