Started May 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ER_ Wizard
Forum ProPosts: 10,663Gear list
Like?
*** Mini Challenge 189*** WIDE or CLOSE**
May 15, 2010

A big thanks to jp4 for a very fine and well run challenge. I am honoured by your selection as this last year on our annual holiday.

These challenges are all about YOUR great photos and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. You are an amazing bunch that always come to the party...so again I wish to be wowed, amazed and we all need to be challenged, so here is my challenge to you all.

My topic is 'Wide or Close'... 'WIDE'.. that does not mean that a wide angled lens has to be used, it could be a landscape, panorama or anything that depicts a whole scene. 'CLOSE' can be a close up shot, or it could be how you have decided to crop the pic that would give one that close look.

Mini-Challenge #189 - Wide or Close.

Now for the fine print, mostly copied from previous challenges.

The Mini Challenges are meant to be very informal & encourage participation by having few rules.

In keeping with that spirit, here are the guidelines for the Mini Challenge:

1. You may enter up to 3 photos.

2. Photos may be shot with any camera and may be taken at any time.

3. The winner of a mini challenge chooses the next challenge and selects the winner, who takes the baton and carries on with it. If I am unable to continue the challenge or should fail to appear for an extended period, I would like to ask that jp4 steps in to take over my role.

4. If you enter, you could win, therefore every entrant (excluding Exhibition) should know when the challenge ends & be ready to check. To facilitate this, each host should post, at the end of the original challenge thread, a link to the results thread.

5. If, after 36 hours of results being announced, the winner fails to turn up to claim their prize and begin hosting the next challenge, then the honor of hosting shall be given to the second-place winner, if present. If not, then it shall go to the third place winner.

6. The challenge begins immediately, and will end at 2PM (New York Time) ( We are 6 hours ahead) on Saturday the 22nd of May, 2010. I should be able to announce the winners within 2 hours of the ending, or will acknowledge in the thread if I expect any delay.

7. Please post your entries by replying to this original post – rather than under someone else’s post - and change the subject line to “My entry” or “Entry #1 or something like that to separate your picture posts from comments that someone may make about your post.

OK, folks, let's see those grand entries !

Examples to follow in the next post. ( just quickly working on it!)

Cheers,
Jill

-- hide signature --

May the Focus be with you
707,717,828,R1,P8,H9,A700,A350

ER_ Wizard's gear list:ER_ Wizard's gear list
Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow