ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adeel-A
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Upgrade to D700 or 14-24 f2.8
May 13, 2010

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get some feedback from users here on a decision I am trying to make.

This will be a purchase that won't be coming out of my pocket so $ is not an issue, it is a gift. Now I currently have a D80 body with the following lenses:

35mm f1.8
50mm f1.8
135mm f2 DC
180mm f2.8

The dilemma i have now is whether to upgrade to a new body , the D700 which I am looking at the moment mostly due to my portrait needs and low light performance. I also shoot landscapes and architecture..VS..the lens I am looking at 14-24 f2.8.

I currently do not have an ultra wide or wide in my kit as you can see. If i get the 14-24, that would essentially mean I have to go full frame in the future as that lens was made to be used on a full frame body for that ultra wide perspective.

Problem is if I decide on one piece of equipment I won't be getting the other one for a long time as either one would cost 2k+ so even though I plan to get both I am not sure which one to get first to satisfy my needs until I can get the other. I always go by the philosophy of better lens over body but in this case how good will the 14-24 be on a d80 in low light anyways to satisfy me...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow