ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,238Gear list
Like?
Sony NEX Validate m4/3, Not Enemy! try Nikon D3000, Canon 1000d
May 12, 2010

Maybe I'm alone on this thinking, but I see:

SONY NEX AS A VALIDATION (not a threat) to the innovated Micro 4/3 by Panasonic and Olympus. With a major brand like SONY endorsing the idea of EVIL concept themselves, it will draw more and more buyers into the frays of sony, Olympus, Panasonic, and Samsung alike.

Sony NEX, however, will annoy the strong Canon/Nikon Dualopoly (dual monopoly) . Canon and Nikon sells millions of entry-level 450d/500d/1000d/d40/d3000/d5000 world wide and have zero incentive to joining or Validating the EVIL Concept . More likely than not, both canon and nikon executives will continue to attack the EVIL as nothing more than a trendy fashion that will go away in 2 years. The way I see it:

• There is room for Professional DSLR: (Mark III/IV, 1DS, FF 5D, D700, etc.)

• There is room for Advance DSLR: (7d, 50d, d300s, d90)

• But there is no room for entry level dslr (canon 450d/500d/100d/d3000/d5000) and EVIL like (Sony Nex, Panasonic G/GH, Olympus EP series, Samsung NX) to co-exist. As they are fighting over the same group of buyers.

More over, when Sony NEX become successful. It will also benefit the traditional DSLR enthusiast. Sony no longer has to make a compromised DSLR cater to both entry-level buyers and traditionalist (A500/A550). Sony is now free to release more advance DSLR cater to those traditionalist without compromise. Anyhow, I just see Sony NEX as a great thing for the entire industry.

007peter's gear list:007peter's gear list
Nikon D3100 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow