Started May 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,872Gear list
Like?
Capture One 5 vs Lightroom 2/3
May 12, 2010

I am using Capture One version 5 (the trial lety you chose at startup whether you want the Standard or the Pro version). I noticed that the controls regarding "recovery" (in LR) and High Dynamic Range (in Capture One) work very differently: Capture One seems to "pull" more from shadows and highlights than LR, without the nasty dark shado artifacts. have played with a number of shots, then decided that the controls in LR are quite coarse versus the seemingly more defined controls on Capture. Am I imagining things or is there an entirely different algorithm at work in Capture One?

And: Yes, I have used Capture NX as well, but find the software mildly on the bizzarre end. The control points seem to be a nice idea, but curves in Capture One or he selective brush tools in LR are superior I find.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow