A message to the m4/3 crowd

Started May 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
What?
In reply to callecal, May 12, 2010

The initial offerings from Sony are obviously consumer electronics cameras aimed (one supposes) at the p&s masses, but definately not aimed at photographers.

Maybe Sony will get it after Nikon and Canon enter the frey with microAPS cameras aimed at photographers (one hopes, anyway).

In the meantime, my GF1/20mm f1.7 (much more a photographers camera than the Sonys), continues to please and amaze me. It has put the fun back into my photography.

I don't need to try the Sony, I can tell from looking it is not for me. Plus I think it would be hard to beat the image quality from my GF1.

Had the Sony been available before any of the micro43 cameras hit the street, I would not have bought it. So I would still have gone with the GF1 when introduced, and for the same reasons.

Sony actually had their chance many years ago when they came out with the R1, but killed it when they decided to go DSLR instead.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +40 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow