A message to the m4/3 crowd

Started May 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
JosephScha
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,210Gear list
Like?
Re: A message to the m4/3 crowd
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, May 11, 2010

Let's see: No viewfinder, not even optional. Screw-on flash - hope you like that one because no one else is going to make that non-standard attachment. Incredibly tiny camera with bigger lenses, llooks front heavy ... and can't imagine where the tripod quick release plate sits. Almost NO controls - just a menu - that is just unbelievable! Even on my FZ7 I can change exposure compensation without completely replacing the view in the viewfinder. I almost always use the viewfinder, not LCD at arms length! No viewfinder in the NEX, not even optional? Only menu controls? ...

Honestly, I think knowing what I know now I'd happily buy a m4/3 camera and not worry about ISO 1600. The NEX is simply not aimed at me. And I'm just an amateur.

As if that weren't enough, I keep thinking: I really wonder about where the tripod socket is. If it's under the thin part of the camera that's fairly silly - very bad leverage. I'll bet it's not directly under the lens, still the thin part of the camera but might be best, but I suspect there is too little room. If it's over at the fatter part of the camera like some p&s, that would really be bad - we don't know yet. The trouble is I don't think any of these options seem very good.

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow