Argh - Dead 24-70 :(

Started Jan 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
Digitalux
Contributing MemberPosts: 821
Like?
Re: I've heard that this issue was quietly fixed
In reply to IeraseU, May 9, 2010

Well, I never dropped my 24-70...

My only (bad) experience happened in a press room when a blonde (yes, she was) literally pushed all what was on the table to put a tray with coffee cups on it. Cameras with long lenses were in the bag but my Fuji S5 + Nikon 28-70/2.8 (hood on) fell from the table on the concrete floor. Nothing but a few dents on both...

IeraseU wrote:

I've heard that this design issue with the early 24-70 lenses has been quietly (non-publicly) fixed in the newer units.

You can reason it away saying it is a design issue to protect the camera, but the fact of the matter is that pros bang up their gear. Not intentionally of course, it just happens that way when you are working every day in crowded events with a couple of cameras and lenses hanging around your neck.

That is the whole point to buying pro gear.......it should be tough enough to take the daily grind that pros put their equipment through. It's not for some marginally better image quality; it's so that it will last when used in all kinds of weather and environments on a daily basis.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow