PIX 2015

Yet another name for MFT cameras?

Started May 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Yet another name for MFT cameras?
May 9, 2010

I recently had to describe my GF1 to a few curious friends, and the phrase "squished DSLR" came to my mind. If you took an entry-level dSLR and squished it in all directions (including the sensor), you might just come up with a G1/G2/GH1. A little more squishing would yield a GF1/EP-n camera (but I am not suggesting "doubly squished dSLR" as a separate name for these). Given that we clearly need more suggestions for what to call these cameras, here are mine:

SDSLR = Squished DSLR
SD camera
SquiD camera?


 drusus's gear list:drusus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow