whats wrong with my workflow

Started May 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,555Gear list
Like?
Re: One more question please refering to LR
In reply to Jim Cassatt, May 9, 2010

Jim Cassatt wrote:

The only thing I miss is the absence of layers, essential for the kind of retouching I do with models where I like to sharpen everything but the skin, which I blur.

and that's the reason why I still usef PS additionally to LR for the 5 to 10 % of the images that need further treatment.

Sometimes I have the impression the feature set of LR is defined by a margin for PS to have a reason for purchasing PS .-)

Using LR means (for me) being able to create 90 % of the output without the need for PS.

The 2nd use of PS is panorama stitching. But that could be done by different tools al well.

LR is the digital workflow tool for me.

With LR 3 lens correction and perspective correction offer further possibilities to work without PS.
--
isn’t it funny, a ship that leaks from the top

ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow