Started May 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Jaseck
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,058Gear list
Like?
Heads up for Itune users (ot)
May 8, 2010

Thought users of Itunes would be interested a experience I just had with Itunes. Sunday last week, after waking, opened my email and received a receipt for purchases I DID NOT make, totaling 40 some dollars, after checking purchase history, there where 3 more equally large purchases for which I had not received receipts for. Strange purchases, translating ebooks, Chinese, Arabic languages and other weird stuff. All this was done at 2 a.m. DST. I immediately call credit card company and they immediately took off 3 of the purchases and blocked the forth. I contacted Itunes and gave them the rundown. The 4th purchase was waiting in my account for a valid credit card as my original credit card had been cancelled before the fourth purchase could go through. Well to make a long story short, the 4th purchase is still waiting for a valid card to complete the purchase in my Itunes account Now here is the point of my telling you all this, incredibly Itunes says for me to be able to use my account, I would have to complete the purchase myself and pay for the items the thief had attempt to steal, then they would issue a refund my money. I told them just take it out of my account, to which they said that was something they were unable to do, in spite of the fact their security as well as mine had been breached. I told them they were insane requiring me to pay for what a thief had done on Itunes. Did a google search and from the number of inquiries, this happens quite frequently. So take that for what it is worth, needless to say, I will not be doing any business with Itunes.
--
http://www.pbase.com/davidjaseck

Don't take yourself too seriously....nobody else does!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow