anyone use the new 100mm on a 1dMKIV lets see some of your work!

Started May 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
satureyes
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
anyone use the new 100mm on a 1dMKIV lets see some of your work!
May 7, 2010

Any users here? I'd love to know how you think this lens performs on the MKIV in terms of usefulness of the FL. I'm very close to buying this lens - OR a 50mm 1.4.

I shoot a lot of indoor events, receptions and some weddings. I thought the 100mm would be 'fun' to have and get some nice detail shots, just to give me the competitive edge when shooting for mags, to offer them something different.

The 50mm would be great for the indoor low light shots.. but I'm really into the idea of the 100mm

I am still unsure as to the usefulness of the focal length for portraiture - especially if you already own the 70-200 (like me). I do like the idea of having a new hybrid IS lens without shelling out for the new 70-200 too.

Any images/samples from you guys would be most welcomed and would love to see the lens used in different genre.

Cheers
--
feed | your | minds | eye
http://www.satureyes.com

satureyes's gear list:satureyes's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow