Don't buy MFT cameras!!! This can happen to you...

Started May 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oly-pl1
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Don't buy MFT cameras!!! This can happen to you...
May 7, 2010

Only a month ago I was "normal" man...
I just want something to replace my P&S... so I bought E-PL1...

I bought E-PL1 with 14-42mm kit. I paid 730usd (I live in EU).
In only a few days a started to love this camera.
OOC pictures are amazing. I don't need to shoot RAW or even LSF. LF is a great!

I bought SDHC class6 card just to be sure that it can take video. I also buy good case for camera. I got great results with kit lens but I thought to myself what if I buy some good 50mm lens for portraits...

I bought adapter and 50mm F1.8. Of course now I need to learn something about portraits... I start reading books... I couldn't stop... Day by day I learned something new about photography. I tested my 50mm and it's great. Few days later I (again) thought to myself I need something more... I bought 2x teleconverter (I found one with good reviews about quality) and it really is good (but it doesn't fit quite well, so I decided to buy another lens - this time 135mm F3.2). I also need tripod for this setup (and not something cheap... - everybody told me that). I bought myself a good tripod. I also read that it's good to have a lens hood (shade), so I bought that one as well. I also bought a spare battery (battery life on E-PL1 seems really short to me). Now I can't stop... I don't post on this forum much, but I read almost everything on MFT talk forum... and we all know people here have great ideas about photos and photo gear... I know people here have A LOT of photo gear (someones even more MFT camera bodies...). Now I'm worried... will this happen to me (or is it to late - has the transformation begun? Am I becoming amateur photographer? I tried to go back - but when I used old P&S camera it was horrible - it even doesn't have A and S modes... I can't bounce flash, ISO is terrible.. I can't return... never...

I love my Oly too much... so I keep coming back to this forum, reading photo tips, trying to make that kind of photos myself and so on...

One month ago I was "normal"... Having my P&S and didn't care about photography...
This can happen to you ! ! !

Ps. It's friday night and I'm reading dpreview forum (it's too late, it's too late for me...)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow