Recommended Geotrackers?

Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
Rambi Finland
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Re: Recommended Geotrackers?
In reply to cs629061-a, May 7, 2010

Low cost solution (no money needed because): I have a gps-sensor in my mobile phone.

I found a free gps-tagger software for my phone (I am using TTGPSLogger for my Nokia but there are free software for iPhone and for others also) which is able to write GeoSetter-compatible coordinate files. I let the phone record the coordintates with timestamps every 30 seconds. Then I connnect the phone to my laptop by bluetooth or USB-cable and drag and drop that file from phone to a PC-directory. GeoSetter is able to find that file automaticly and it writes the coordniates also to raw-files (NEF also - I have Nikon) after only one-two mouse clicks.

When I develop the raw files to jpgs the coordinates are still there and I can see my photos on map in GeoSetter but also in other software.

PS

I did not have to specify any time differences in GeoSetter: only one click to select that we have this 1-hour-day-light-saving in use. But it is important to have the clock of the camera in correct local time.

I don't have much experience how much faster the geo-tagger software ruins the battery of my phone but no problems so far.

Raimo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AMODNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow