Recommended Geotrackers?

Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,440Gear list
Like?
Re: There is no value for geotagging - not.
In reply to sunhorse, May 7, 2010

I agree with the comment that each photographer has his/her own needs and need not ridicule another because those needs differ. I need geotagging. A prime example is when I do fall color photography in Michigan or Minnesota or even Colorado, I will drive over miles of forest service roads looking for images. When I find one I will photograph it and then move on. In a morning I may cover 50 miles of dirt roads with no significant markings and no landmarks other than more trees. There is no way I could remember precisely where I was when I took an image if I waited to get back to the hotel or back home. And when the color and aesthetics of trees dictates your images, no amount of pre-planning or map reading can tell you precisely where to go. So, for me, I need that location captured electronically and in the background so I don't have to worry about it, yet can go back five years later and still find where I was.

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AMODNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow