Should eneloops be "conditioned"? & HS10 battery use so far.....

Started May 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
lakensea
Contributing MemberPosts: 543Gear list
Like?
This turned into a good thread.....
In reply to lakensea, May 7, 2010

It appears as though all the early HS10 users complaining about the AA batteries have dissapeared (or returned their cameras). 500 shots from the rechargables certainly seems manageable. The AA advantage certainly came in handy for as I just went and got a set of the lithium ultra's to hold me over until I finished the discharge/charge cycles. What I did not expect was to get 1200 shots from the lithiums! With the limited amount of time & conditions I have to use the camera this time of year, it took me over two weeks to use up the lithiums. Maybe I should have bought some plain alkalines so I could start testing the NiMih's sooner. I did learn one thing - if you are in a situation where you know you will be taking lots of pictures in one day, and do not want to stop to change batteries, or have the warning light come on and not know when the camera will quit or start to lose focus, start the day with a set of these lithium ultra's.

Can anyone explain why there is no such thing as a AA rechargeable lithium battery?

PS: Still waiting for my eneloops. They were shipped USPS - the only business who is losing customers because of poor service, so instead of doing something to increase customer satisfaction, and increase business, they want to eliminate services, and therefore lose even more business - go figure.

lakensea's gear list:lakensea's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow