Recommended Geotrackers?

Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
sunhorse
Senior MemberPosts: 1,465Gear list
Like?
Re: There is no value for geotagging
In reply to craig mick, May 7, 2010

craig mick wrote:

Pete, I absolutely agree with you about the A.R. thing! But maybe it's just us ranting? Why in the world do you need to know exact lat. and long. about where a pic was taken? If you can't remember it wasn't a very memorable trip! Just more gizmos to screw with when you could be shooting! IMHO this runs concurrent with current Facebook and Twitter craze. You could just buy a personal GPS tracker and your wife can follow your whoe trip and when you get home it would show your entire trip on your computer but of course they are probably already doing that!

Whatever happened to lighted dial princess phones? Now there was a good product! OK I'm rambling, sorry

However, don't forget that others' needs may not match your own. You may not travel to many locations in one day for example. So I would agree that you would not need to do geotagging.

And it is not only about lat/long. how about the specific place names? You know that software can correlate the lat/long with maps? (Hello Google Earth?). Well our needs differ, and nothing wrong with that. But for Pete to call other people anal retentive, is just plain immature.

-- hide signature --

Ramesh

sunhorse's gear list:sunhorse's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AMODNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow