Started May 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeWB
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
help with 580EXII
May 7, 2010

I just purchased this flash in time for my son's weddiing. I am not the primary photographer for the wedding (for obvious reasons) but will be taking some pictures leading up to wedding day at family events, etc.

I have read thru the manual and read various forum posts including links, but I will run out of time for experimentation with the flash due to excessive work schedule prior to leaving town.

I have a 50D and will be using several lens, but the primary lens for flash will be a 28-135 (and for outdoor my 70-200F4 and may use 580EX for fill flash). It appears to me the best way to use the flash for now is to set on manual flash and set camera on AV mode (in lieu of using ETTL etc. but I could be wrong so please help). I also have a sto-fen for diffusion or will direct flash at ceiling for bounce flash. Do I need to set the camera on the fixed setting of 1/250th for flash too? I'm I on track here or does anyone have some helpful simple suggestions for now?

Thanks, I have learned a great deal from this forum the last 15 months I have enjoyed this new passion...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow