Started May 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,520Gear list
Like?
6 yrs... and the difference...
May 7, 2010

After six years of using my old Optio 33WR (3MPix) I am of course tempted to "upgrade". So I've borrowed a friend's Canon S90 (10 MPix) (amongst the best on the market today) to "compare" with my oldie. Of course the higher resolution of the S90 has more details if you peep at pixels 100%, but in actual usefulness for holiday post-card-sized prints and web-based images, what difference does it really make ? My comparison isn't highly scientific I admit, and won't sustain scrutiny, but I tried to shoot these images as close as I could. In the end, here the result... you decide:

Ho... yes... if you'd wondered... left image is the S90, and 33WR is on the right.

Needless to say that I am seriously re-considering my motivation to spend $500 on a new camera !.... I know, pixel peepers will disagree, but what I care about is what I see in the conditions that I see it, i.e. post-card prints, and computer screen.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow