Recommended Geotrackers?

Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
sunhorse
Senior MemberPosts: 1,468Gear list
Like?
Re: There is no value for geotagging
In reply to pete zeugma, May 5, 2010

pete zeugma wrote:

I dont see the point.. I've always noted where I've shot a photo, and I keep that information to myself. Its all part of the planning. Why would I want to let people know where I've shot photos.. so they can then go and pinch my locations!

Geotagging is not necessarily for everyone. You may, for example, shoot only a few photos in relatively few locations, and in that case, there would not be a clear need for geotagging. But is it so hard to imagine other people may work differently from yourself, and may indeed have a requirement, or even simply enjoyment out of doing this? Also, not everyone would want to keep their shooting locations a closely guarded secret!

Geotagging has to be the most anally retentive thing next to writing down the numbers of trains and planes!

Now, here we not only see a failure of the imagination, but downright hostility towards other people who do things differently from you.

sunhorse's gear list:sunhorse's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AMODNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow