Leica X1 accessories like handgrip, view finder and case

Started Apr 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
Cerrito Kid
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Re: Leica X1 accessories like handgrip, view finder and case
In reply to Peter Vaktor, May 5, 2010

I find the handgrip essential and always use it. But this is a matter of preference. I have always had a handgrip on my trusty M6 as it allows [me] faster shooting and one hand shooting with the X1.

I use a Voigtlander VF because there were no Leica VF to be found, plus it was about 1/2 the cost of a Leica VF if you could find one. Voigtlander VF is 35mm while the X1 is 36mm -- no big deal. But a VF is even more essential than a handgrip. Composing with that damn screen is a bitch, takes too long, can't be done in some lighting conditions and makes street photography much more difficult [I turn off the sound on my X1.]

In 4 decades of photography, I have never used a camera case and only rarely use a camera bag. Camera bag is very helpful with my truck-sized DSLRs, but not needed for a small camera like the X1 which easily fits in a pocket. Now is the X1 is likely a fragile box compared to the M6 [which has never been in a camera bag] and is still as good as the day I purchased it. If you are going to do street photography, the camera should always be in the standby ready position. For plane travel, my brief case has always worked.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow