Upgrading 40D to 7D???

Started May 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
jm67
Contributing MemberPosts: 913
Like?
Re: re-invent yourself :)
In reply to MAC, May 5, 2010

MAC wrote:

re jm67 - in a prior post -- he's worried that I'll move to his town when I retire and take his game away...

Oh, I guess you missed the sarcasm. No worries around here about you stealing good paying customers. They prefer quality vs. quantity. Keep your day job whatever it is. It certainly isn't wedding photography and there are very few in this area that'll tolerate hobbyists.

He uses both 7d and 40d for weddings which is monolithic crop thinking imo - he could do better with a 40d and 5d combo imo

You're right. My crop lineup is 7D with 40 backup. My FF lineup is two 5D2s. And I doubt I'd be doing any better by tossing it all for a 5D. You've simply mistaken my support of the 7D for a hatred of FF.

re Dave - dave still shoots film and keeps saying I only have dof control on my mind -- I mentioned at least three factors above many times in prior threads -- he has consistently shown he can't read...

Can't speak for Dave but it's true you keep going from issue to issue and your latest is razor thin dof. You lost out on better noise, lost out on better IQ so have resorted to razor dof. If you really did weddings for a living instead of a hobby you'd know how few times having only the Bride's eye in focus is useful.

regarding both dave and jm67 - both say in this thread to buy glass vs the 7d...obviously they aren't that impressed with their 7d's. What I've said, is that owning a 5d and a 40d opens up more creative shooting opportunities than just one 7d. I've said that when I bought my 5d, I found it was like buying classic, expensive glass - because that is what it gives shooters who know what crop gives and know what a 5di FF gives. Neither dave nor jm67 have owned 5d1

That's not what you said. You told him to sell his 40D. Now who is it that can't read? And if you'd read the OP reply to me earlier, you'd have noticed that his uses for the camera don't warrant buying an old relic. His 40D serves him well and he'd get different creative shots with different lenses. Again, try reading before writing. Typical of you to take the gist of a thread and turn it all into rants and raves about crop vs FF. Try listening to a poster and offering advice for a change instead of...."you oughta sell everything and buy a 5D the rockin-ist camera ever (cause I have one)". Could you at least tell him to buy a 5D2? No, cause you don't have one.

Well, that was a good belly laugh. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

I am as ignorant as ever, and wiser than I've ever been.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow