Started May 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,268Gear list
Like?
Re: re-invent yourself :)
In reply to OnStage, May 4, 2010

OnStage wrote:

Yeah, don't do the 5d mkI. It's a great camera (except for the sensor which is one of the best ever)
40D is a lovely camera,

He could get the 5d and keep the 40d. The 5d is like doubling all your fovs with your lenses, and giving him more dof control. F2.8 on a 5d is f4.5 dof on a 40d. Also, 5d iis good on the face....7d will not help the face with the extra resolution. I have both the 5d and 40d

re jm67 - in a prior post -- he's worried that I'll move to his town when I retire and take his game away...

He uses both 7d and 40d for weddings which is monolithic crop thinking imo - he could do better with a 40d and 5d combo imo

re Dave - dave still shoots film and keeps saying I only have dof control on my mind -- I mentioned at least three factors above many times in prior threads -- he has consistently shown he can't read...

regarding both dave and jm67 - both say in this thread to buy glass vs the 7d...obviously they aren't that impressed with their 7d's. What I've said, is that owning a 5d and a 40d opens up more creative shooting opportunities than just one 7d. I've said that when I bought my 5d, I found it was like buying classic, expensive glass - because that is what it gives shooters who know what crop gives and know what a 5di FF gives. Neither dave nor jm67 have owned 5d1

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow