Who else is less than thrilled with the new DPR design?

Started May 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gkreth
Senior MemberPosts: 2,969
Like?
Who else is less than thrilled with the new DPR design?
May 4, 2010

I tried to be nice about it, and not use a title like, "Who else hates the new DPR design?"

It's not so much that I hate the design aesthetically; it's more that the new design seems much less functional.

When posting a message, shouldn't the focus of the screen be on the text being entered, and the rendering of that text? Why do i have to have a third of the right-hand side of my screen filled up with, well junk I don't wanna see?

Top posters, top threads, challenges - why are these shoved down our throats on EVERY page, now?

The top posters : The previous design was better - show the top posters for a given forum at the bottom of the FIRST page of the forum, and no where else. That way, they are viewable for those that want to see, but being at the bottom of the page, they can easily be ignored by those that don't care about it.

The Top Threads : Also a bad design decision, IMO. why do we have to be inundated with these on EVERY page? It made more sense to display these on the FRONT page only, for these reasons:

• The top threads spread encompass EVERY forum . Most users are active in one or two forums particular to their camera/brand, and maybe some side forums like retouching, or Open Talk. But most of us are NOT active in the other 40 or 50 forums. So why are we inundated, on EVERY page we view, post, etc., with posts from other forums, most of which we won't care about?

• And, even if one WAS interested in these most-active threads, they don't change that much over the course of the day. And yet, in this new design, so same topics are shoved in my face over and over again.

The Challenges : This appears to be a big deal with the DPR creators, but why must ist again be forced on everyone, forefront on EVERY page we view? Honestly, I don't care all that much about the Challenges, so why are they sucking up so much of my screen real estate.

Anyone else agree with me?

Greg

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow