Started May 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
filmrescue
Contributing MemberPosts: 651
Like?
Why is live view on Sony so much better than Nikon
May 3, 2010

OK...first off I'm not looking for a fight here. I posted this question on Yahoo answers and all I got was people telling me that my camera wasn't a professional camera (I know this), no one actually aswered the question. Here's the senario...

I had a Nikon D300 and sold it to a friend and bought a Sony A550 which is not at all the same quality of camera as the Nikon...(I know this too). I wanted the 550 because of it's features (instant responce live view, stabilized sensor, flip screen) Last weekend we went out doing some night shooting on the edge of town. There was some street light overflow into the area we were shooting but not a lot. As I've become accustomed to I switch to focus mode live view on the A550 and get a decent bright clear view of what I'm shooting. I instructed my friend to do the same or rather to put the D300 into live view because it was too dark to see anything much through the optical view finder. He did so and all we could make out on his screen was the points of source light, virtually nothing else. I had forgotten how I need to take a series of exposures with that camera for low light shooting in order to compose the shots. I felt a bit embarrassed having sold my friend this camera but assured him that in most normal shooting conditions it was still the superior camera.

Anyway the question is why is the Sony A550 focus mode live view so much better then the Nikon D300 live view in low light.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow