ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jp4
jp4
Regular MemberPosts: 329Gear list
Like?
***Mini-Challenge #188 - The Great Orbs***
May 3, 2010

A hearty Thank You to zackiedawg for a very fine and clever challenge topic and for running it so well. I am honored by your selection.

The location of my photo was somewhere in the mountains of Washington State. My brother and his girlfriend were relaxing and enjoying the view from a spot that was only a short stroll from our van. It was neither strenuous nor hazardous. It was the telephoto lens and my vantage point that made it look scarier than it was.

I'm somewhat new to this forum and still smoothing out the rough edges of my understanding of how things work here. There were many great entries and part of me was hoping that I wouldn't win because of the formidable challenge of following such a unique challenge. I can't help but think that the fine U2 challenge may be followed by Tiny Tim playing the kazoo.

But these challenges are all about YOUR great photos and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

Genesis 1:16 "Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night."

Let's see how these great orbs rule in your photos.

Mini-Challenge #188 - The Great Orbs

Now for the fine print, mostly copied from previous challenges.

The Mini Challenges are meant to be very informal & encourage participation by having few rules.

In keeping with that spirit, here are the guidelines for the Mini Challenge:

1. You may enter up to 3 photos.

2. Photos may be shot with any camera and may be taken at any time.

3. The winner of a mini challenge chooses the next challenge and selects the winner, who takes the baton and carries on with it. If I am unable to continue the challenge or should fail to appear for an extended period, I would like to ask that zackiedawg step in to take over my role.

4. If you enter, you could win, therefore every entrant (excluding Exhibition) should know when the challenge ends & be ready to check. To facilitate this, each host should post, at the end of the original challenge thread, a link to the results thread.

5. If, after 36 hours of results being announced, the winner fails to turn up to claim their prize and begin hosting the next challenge, then the honor of hosting shall be given to the second-place winner, if present. If not, then it shall go to the third place winner.

6. The challenge begins immediately, and will end at 11PM (Eastern Standard Time) on Thursday the 13th of May, 2010. I should be able to announce the winners within 24 hours of the ending, or will acknowledge in the thread if I expect any delay.

7. Please post your entries by replying to this original post – rather than under someone else’s post - and change the subject line to “My entry” or “Entry #1 or something like that to separate your picture posts from comments that someone may make about your post.

OK, folks, let's see the great orbs!

Examples to follow in the next post.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RichNew
MmmmNew
KurtNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow