ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
canon ifp5100 vs epson 3880
May 2, 2010

Hi all,

I'm currently using the HP9180 printer, but due to all sorts of technical problems, I've decided to buy something new. (I liked the quality of the prints though).

The new Epson 3880 or old Canon ipf5100 both are on the top of my list. I'm able to buy them at the same price so that's not a determining factor.

I know the Canon has a vacuum hold down system, use of a roll paper and one don't require to change the black ink. I also has larger ink cartridges.

From these point it appears the Canon seems to be the better printer. Would there be reason for me to take the Epson instead? (I don't have a problem with the size of the Canon).

How does the Canon compare with the Epson in respect to the chances of the printhead getting clogged if it's not used for while?

And is there a lifespan the ink can be used before it gets out of date? O can I just print until the cartridge is empty?

How does the prints look quality wise? (I know the Canon is much faster but print quality is more important to me).

Appreciate your thoughts.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow