Recommended Geotrackers?

Started Apr 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,434Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommended Geotrackers?
In reply to Photog23, May 2, 2010

Photog23: You said that you "simply connect my Garmin to my computer and download the track log (GPX file) to my computer. Of course, I use my Compact Flash card reader to load the pictures into the directory with the GPX file. I use (free) GPicSync to sync the pics by date/time based on GPX and pics." What do you mean that you load the images from the card reader into the directory with the GPX file? If we assume you set up a file folder with, for example, the trip name (Grand Canyon), do you then download the GPX file into Grand Canyon? So you now have one file under Grand Canyon. If you shot several cards full of images, can they be loaded into different subfolders under Grand Canyon? Or do they have to go into the subfolder with the GPX file in it?

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AMODNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow