1 week trip to Paris with 7D

Started Apr 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
RetroBlader
Contributing MemberPosts: 796
Like?
Re: 1 week trip to Paris with 7D
In reply to RetroBlader, May 2, 2010

Ok, I just got back yesterday. Glad that Eyjafjallajökull's sister decided not to follow suite and close European airspace for another 6 days.

Anyway, I ended up bringing more than 3 lenses to Paris, but always leaving some stuff back in the hotel. What I brought:

Body: 7D
10-22
17-55
70-200/4 IS
100L
Flash: 580EX II
Tripods: Slik Sprint Pro and Gorillapod SLR-zoom
Laptop (mainly to backup photos every night and to check email)

90% of the time I went out with 7D and 3 lenses. I brought the Sprint Pro 3-4 days out of the 7, but only got to use it once during daytime (but it was definitely needed for the nighttime shots of Eiffel and the Louvre). The flash was never used outside the hotel (not allowed in most places we went anyway).

By far the lenses I took were "Combo #1", although on some days I substituted the 100L for the 70-200/4 IS:

RetroBlader wrote:

Possible combo #1:

• 10-22

• 17-55 (also for the low-light interior shots)

• 70-200/4L IS

The 100L came in handy in the Louvre (particularly the Mona Lisa) and at Versailles.

Glad I brought the 17-55 instead of the 15-85 -- the zoom range advantage wouldn't have mattered with the 10-22 and 100L/70-200 flanking the 17-55, and yet the constant F2.8 would have been missed dearly.

Photos to follow soon.

-- hide signature --

Let's all ask ourselves every now and then: Have I taken
more photos than posted messages on DPR this week?
http://retroblader.smugmug.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow