A question (with no positive answer I'm afraid, but just in case)

Started May 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaims
Senior MemberPosts: 2,069Gear list
Like?
A question (with no positive answer I'm afraid, but just in case)
May 2, 2010

Hi fellows

I'm feeling sometimes tempted to sell my 50D and 'crop equipment' and then buy a 5DII (I already have a 1DIII).
But there are a couple of things refraining me of doing so.

One of these points is that I have the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS... and I cannot find a zoom lens that would server to the same purpose in the full frame world.
The closest possibilities, the way I see it, would be:

-> 24-105 f/4 IS. I already have this lens, but compared to the 17-55 is 1 stop slower

-> 16-35 f/2.8. While it is wider than the 17-55, I feel it would serve me well (complimented with the 24-105)... but then the lack of IS could be bad news depending the type of photography (light-limited indoor and no flash, for instance).

My question is, do you know guys which lens could be used with a full frame that has all the features of the EF-S 17-55 and -more or less- this sort of focal-length (taking into account that 17 on crop would be like 27 or so on ff)?

TIA

Jaims's gear list:Jaims's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow