Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,481
Like?
Re: OK thanks SDM working again
In reply to awaldram, May 1, 2010

awaldram wrote:

Robgo2 wrote:

DLBlack wrote:

I had the same problem with my first DA*16-50. I bent the pin back and kept on using the lens.

Dave
--

That makes two people, at least, whose SDM malfunction was the result of a bent pin. It really makes me think that there must be more such "SDM failures" due to the same cause.

Which also sort of bolsters my opinion that the reason Pentax have not 'Fixed' the problem is there is no single root cause but a variety of reasons.

Hopefully they are addressing each cause and over time the perceived reliability of SDM will rise.

Bit of a PR disaster on their part but I do have sympathy if its more teething issues than design.

If this is, indeed, the cause of most, or even some, of the SDM problems, Pentax would have been wise to have acknowledged the problem openly and offered to make repairs free of charge. It would have saved them an awful lot of bad publicity. On the other hand, it is still possible that there are other problems with their SDM design or manufacture.

Rob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow