Started May 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gburgos
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
My GH1 seems to choose lower ISO/ with slow shutter please help
May 1, 2010

I got my GH1 as a point and shoot mainly to shoot my kids and because it has an articulated screen so I can get in some of the pictures. I had an ELP1 but the build quality and the inability to use large aperture in bright light got on my nerves. I use the 20mm 1.7 on it and I have noticed it tends to chose 200 ISO with a 1' shutter speed for example indoors where I would expect it to choose ISO 800 or 1600 and a reasonable shutter speed. I don’t do video and have no use for that feature so far in this respect i may have chosen the wrong camera. At this point I have not gotten a photo from it that justifies the price except in full manual mode the quality is not on par with the ELP1. Please advise if there is a setting or condition that I’m missing that made be causing my camera to choose the slower shutter speed. I am frustrated but this is not a rant so please don’t beat me up I really want help I like a lot of the features of this camera and from what I have read on line I should be able to expect decent pictures even indoors.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow